03-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #60
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Are the midpipes the only mod, any tune?
No tune, only mids at the moment..

I have had my 1M also at a different dyno shop, with similar results when stock..

My old 135i was tuned with mids and had 255.9Kws..
The 1M feels more powerful to me than the 135i and the dyno results prove it.

Both dyno operators who have both been building and racing high performance BMW's for the past 25 years, where amazed by the power my 1M produces..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB38 View Post
Awesome results for an OEM part! I'm in...

The real curiosity to me are the M button results. So much for a simple throttle remapping? Or perhaps it somehow activates overboost at a lower RPM resulting in a different curve...
My chart shows clearly the difference in runs with "M" Off and "M" on.. Just got stronger and stronger with each run, like it was remapping the more we tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
So I'm all kinds of confused by this M button thing.

First, your car was making 330 hp at the wheels stock, which would be high on a DynoJet but seems way high on a Dyno Dynamics? I think they read over 10% lower than DynoJets, meaning you'd be making ~370 at wheels with a DynoJet, stock? Seems high, so my first question is, are these corrected (for temperature, etc) numbers?

Then picked up 16 hp with the mid-pipes. Seems a bit more than I would have expected, but maybe in the range?

Finally, and this is where I get really confused, you show 21 hp at the wheels with the M button? As others have said, I've been told that it doesn't increase power. My first thought was that the car was in "overboost" mode with the M button on and not in the other run, which would make some sense as it clearly shows more boost, but even then up at the top where the boost is close to the same the M button is making more power.

Do you have pre-modification dynos with and without the M button that you could post? Is is possible that the car was heat-soaked for one run and not the other? Can you confirm the car is stock with no other mods (flash tune?).

Very strange. If the car really is making more power in M mode a bunch of people here are going to want to know about it...
The runs with the "M" button off where performed initially followed by the runs with it activated..

No offence to anyone, but the figures are proof and I have had my car at two independent dyno shops with similar figures..

If you doubt, just pay the money and do your own your testing..
Appreciate 0