03-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #65
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Well I'd say we're just asking for clarification at this point. Doubting may come later. I'm certain we'll get some more tests, and some of the guys with boost gauges will mention if they see a difference in boost. I'm also pretty sure tuners know how the software changes with the M button...

So, was the car fully warmed up, oil to temp, etc prior to the runs without the M button? YES.. I am not a novice to tuning cars to be asked this ridiculous question..I am 51 yrs old and understand the basic parrameters when dynoing a car, and so does the operator..

And were the dynos corrected for the conditions, or was this a raw, uncorrected output? AGAIN...yes

Why don't you start a thread on the main forum about the M button adding more power? Or I can- I'm sure most of us want to know...Good Idea
My car has performed 2300kms and has never used a drop of oil during or after the break in period..

I never followed the recommended break in procedure ( keeping the car under 5K rpm ) and drove it hard from the moment I drove it out of the showroom..

From day 1, I couldn't believe the power my 1M produced comparing to my tuned 135i.. Might just have a freak engine or a over tweaked tune from BMW.. who knows..

That is the power it is producing..
Two independant dyno's cant be wrong.
Appreciate 0