View Single Post
      10-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #55
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

I know noone wants to hear my ultimate "fix" but it worked amazingly well and my car was down all of 5hrs. I had long starts maybe 5sec so I thought it would hold out awhile, a couple days before deployment I was heading to bitburg for the drag races and about 10km out I got reoccuring limp modes with fuel pressure faults. I was driving with my laptop next to me constantly clearing them. (look great infront of all the guys in my shop to have our 2nd fastest car unable to make it down the autobahn). I got on the internet on my phone and called every BMW dealer within 200km till I found one with a HPFP in stock. I refused to be out a race and return from deployment with a 2009 car that didn't work and the $300 price tag was about what my labor was worth demodding my car. So I got the part and put it on the next day. I still could have raced if I had only remembered to plug in the dang knock sensor. So 5hrs of labor $300 no additional head ache no software update no putting up with eulers hatred of the Americans that are their bread a butter, and my car is running top notch.
Appreciate 0