View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

It really sucks that Alpine is letting so many of you guys down I have always been a huge fan of the angel eyes and the customer service, but I guess it happens..

If you are looking for new bulbs, check out DDM tuning (http://www.ddmtuning.com/) and look at their HID bulb sets. They are not 100% plug and play with Alpine's kit, but they are very similar. If you are comfortable simply cutting the connectors for both bulbs, and splicing the Alpine connectors onto new DDM bulbs, it works 100%. I did this to get a bluer color bulb than what I bought with my Alpine kit for cheap. It's even better if you can solder them together, but just cutting, twisting the wires together, and packing it up with electrical tape should work fine.

If that doesn't work, it sounds like a ballast problem. As far as I know, the V2 ballasts were riddled with problems, but no V3 ballasts have had issues thus far. These new problems could be the earliest reported batch of V2 problems, but I'm not an expert. If it's the ballasts, then I'm not sure if the DDM ones could be configured to work.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0