07-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #21
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cools20
anyone make a video of the installation process?
That would be interesting if there were in fact any videos but it's something that I doubt. I have the bar installed in my car but I didn't do the install. It was there when I purchased it. In saying that, I've had quite a close look at it as I've disassembled it and re-installed portions of it when I stripped and re-installed the interior of my car.

It requires some modifications to the trim on either side of the trunk in order to fit the rear strut bar as well as cutting into the carpet just behind the front seats where the main hoop baseplates are installed. The bolt for the baseplate extends down through the floor of the car and there is a nut on the other side so a hole has been drilled through the plastic undercar floor pan.

It's a big job to install but I can't see why it wouldn't be DIYable with the right tools and knowledge.

The only thing I can say is that the eyelets welded onto the strut bar, hoop and cross bracing don't really match up on mine. It required a lot of bending, forcing and a ton of hammering in order to get it to fit so I could screw the bolt through. I spoke to the installer and he told me that he jacked up one side of the car in order to get the eyelets to match up.