yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hit the tire wall at HPDE Event!

Basically this is what happens when you make a mistake and don't compensate for it enough or fast enough. I was having a really good weekend, even better second day. This was the last session of the day and the weekend, more than half way into the session.

I hit the throttle too early, just a bit too aggressive as well. Back end came loose, I never recovered and car went into the tire wall. Thankfully I'm ok which is what matters. Don't know the extent of $$ the damage yet, but front bumper, passenger side fender, hood, radiotor piping or radiator itself + fan.. plus some other stuff (driver side headlight) I'm sure. As long as there's not frame damage it should be ok.

I'm putting this up, so you guys can take a look and learn from my mistakes and obviously comment and discuss. The more confident you get, the more chances there are to screw up.

EDIT

I removed the video due to friendly professional advice, not because of you guys.. once this is over, I may put it back on. Those that have seen it, know what happened.

Few Pictures

Last edited by yandy; 05-21-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0