View Single Post
      03-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #196
Jdawg3576
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i M sport 'vert

The dealership has absolutely nothing to do when your car moves from 111 to 112 status. The plant determines which cars are produced based on their need to fill production quota.

Your dealer should place your order in priority 1 status. This will make the car become a priority build and move it to the head of the line over the other status 3 or unsold units when the production week comes up.

What really determines when your car goes into production is the week that the allocation spot sits in. Even if you order your car in week 13 and your allocation slot is a week 15 build, that means your car can potentially sit in 112 status for 2 more weeks until week 15 production starts. The question for your CA/SA should be what week is your car scheduled for? and what week is the plant building? That will give you a realistic time frame for when your car will be here.

I just took delivery of my new 1er last week. The car sat in 112 for 2 weeks after I ordered it and then sat at the port for another week after it arrived in the states. My total wait time was 12 weeks. This is pretty much the standard wait time. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0