The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clarkson View Post
Update

Had the M3 front tension rods / wishbones installed today, as well as removing the CDV entirely.

What a difference in the driving engagement!

The clutch engages and disengages much more quickly now, like all the other manual transmissions I've driven have. Much more mechanical in feel now, as opposed to the vagueness inherit before. The guy that removed the CDV actually stalled the car a few times on the test drive because the engagement was so quick

I didn't expect to have a huge difference in steering from the M3 bits, but it's quite noticeable. On large turns now, it no longer understeers nearly as much as before. Before, you could feel the tangent the car wanted to go off on, but now there's no fight at all; it just glides around right where I point it.

Also, the change in steering force on bumps during turns has been reduced as well. Before, when going around a corner, a bump would make the car understeer more on extension, and then quickly oversteer more on compression. Now, it all seems more averaged out and predictable.

All in all, both are great upgrades, and it only cost half as much as I was originally quoted to do them both

very glad to hear you're enjoying the new installs... it's always a bit of a fear when you just put something new on and you don't know if it's going to be as good as you hope it will be.

always good to hear that it's better then expected

Enjoy!!!
Appreciate 0