10-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #15
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
I have the Dinan Camber Plates on my car, and really like them. They offer no increase in NVH and no sacrifice in comfort, and with M3 arms can get up to -2* of camber (plus/minus a bit). The increased surface area and reinforcement to the bottom of the strut tower is a great bonus. This was an additional factor that helped make up my mind since I live in NYC (with really crappy roads). Keep in mind with each plate you add underneath you are raising the car height a little bit.

I also took an additional step to help against mushrooming, but on the top side. The M3 (or 1M) strut tower brace goes to all 3 studs from the strut, and covers the entire top of the strut tower. I have no scientific evidence, but I think this should be a good prevention to mushrooming the tower. It bolts down nice and sturdy to the struts. Now that is really belt and suspenders...reinforcement to the top and bottom (and both have other performance benefits). It also really reduced flex in the front of the car. This was a subtle change for turn in and response in the front of the car, especially for quick transitions.

Tim