Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
There is no need to upgrade your intercooler if:
1. You're not going to run a tune
2. You're not going to track your car
3. You live in a climate where summer daytime outside temperatures average below 85 degrees F.

As for which one to choose, I personally experienced fitment and quality issues with Forge, so just because something cost more doesn't necessarily mean it's better. From talking to other forum members, other brands have the same issues. Sure they advertise plug and play, but when you go to install it, it's a PITA.

So which one to choose? I recommend that you do your own research. Brands that have been tested by race teams should be in your top tier. As for plugs by forum members, take it with a grain of salt unless they are avid racers or track junkies.
Very wisely said. I can only add that a car without a tune but with an aftermarket IC will also suffer from the unpleasant fact of adding more weight at the front end of the car since all aftermarket units are considerably heavier than stock. Plus, you will likely have more turbo lag too since stock has the smallest core compared to aftermarket options. It is a complimentary mod that you should only consider if you are subject to one of the conditions posted above.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0