bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
Hmmm...could this have changed for 2011? As I said in my previous post, the sales brochure for the 2011 specifically says that "The M Sport chassis is lowered by 0.6" for tighter handling when cornering and a more aggressive look."

So I asked Joern Esser, my salesman at Passport, who put me in touch with Roland Pintilie, Passport's Master Shop Foreman. Mr. Pintilie (an extremenly nice guy!) wrote to me to say that he researched the technical manuals for me, and that "M suspension would be 10mm lower in the front and rear, the spring ratio, shock absorbers and stabilizer bars are different parts from the regular sport package."

So it appears that, for 2011, at least, there's a difference between the Sport and M Sport suspensions. I went with M Sport.

Oh, by the way, greetings all! I just ordered a 135i convertible in Space Gray with Moonlight top and Savannah Beige interior (and EVERY SINGLE option offered!), for Euro Delivery. I go to Germany in August to drive the car.

Looking forward to getting a lot of great info from this board!
This is music to my ears. I had a really hard time finding any solid info on this. Thanks for digging deep.
Appreciate 0