10-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 116D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metralha View Post
Its funny...people buy a 116d because they are cheaper and more economic...afterwards they want to remap...its always the some...LOL....

its impossible to have a 116d with the some performance of a 120d with just a remap...also longevity of the motor will not be the some....

I just installed the BMW performance power kit in my 120d... why they change along with ECU the IC + powerful fan + (in my case the torque convertor) ....I know that with a normal remap i would get more power and torque...but I want also warranty and reliability ...something you will not have in a 116d remapped for the same values of 120d....

you should bought a 120d or at least a 118d if the purpose was performance.

cheers,.
Well, I love performance as much as the next guy, But this one is just for cheap thrills on my way to work. Still, It's a great car even with the less powerful engine. I'm probably going to keep it as it is for at least three years, until it's all mine, and during that time I'm going to buy a 328 or 528 or better to get the performance i want in the weekends. so the 116d will be my trusted steed that takes me To Scania (Work).