04-10-2024, 01:14 PM   #352
AshwinLB
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almuliman View Post
Turner has a kit with the upper arms from TRW and lower arms from Delphi and Precision Engineered Chassis for $272 (https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...upgrade-kit/). They claim all parts are manufactured in Germany, which doesn't jive with that I've read about Delphi and PEC.

Does anyone have any experience with any of this? The kit altogether, Delphi and PEC for suspension parts, ...
I’ve just bought Delphi m3 front lower control arms just because TRW arms are still on back order from what I presume is a change of manufacturing from Germany to Malaysia like the thrust arms did a few years ago. I haven’t installed them yet but the thing I noticed is that some of the seals are not all 100% seated correctly which has me weary but I’m not willing to pay for Genuine BMW and can’t really wait for TRW to come back in stock since I’m redoing my suspension for the season at the moment. So I’m taking the risk and will change them again in a few years with genuine or TRW.

For thrust arms, the geometry between non-m and m are the same, the difference being the fluid filled bushing vs solid rubber bushing on m3. I decided to go for non-m Lemforder arms (which are still made in Germany vs TRW Malaysia), and bought them with GAS monoball bearings pre-installed so they’re technically “better” than M3 spec.

Hope this helped your question somewhat even though I dont have actual driving experience with the parts yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2