View Single Post
      06-29-2005, 12:50 PM   #58
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

When I got the survey I gave them all 5's. I felt a little odd doing so, but the Sales Manager asked for all 5's when I did the deal, and I had a good experience there so I went ahead and gave them all 5s.

Now about a month later, I find it very difficult to get a service appointment, and when I call for service or a question, I wait on hold, sometimes for more than an hour. They still claim they can't activate my alarm, when I know at least 5 people on the board that have the alarm activated.

On a side note: I just got my review from my manager who LOVES me, and I do an EXCELLENT job for my company. I am one of the top 2 people in my department in all aspects of the job: productivity (even with the time I spend on this board), customer satisfaction, knowledge, etc. We use a 1-5 review scale for about 10 review items. I got eight 4's, one 3, and one 5. A "4" means "exceptional" and a 5 means "clearly outstanding". My average score was 4.0. I feel that that an average of "EXCEPTIONAL" is very good, and I feel that it is fair. It gives me something to work toward.

I think it is so STUPID that BMW expects all 5's. Who are they trying to kid? They expect every dealership to be perfect on all aspects? What does a 4 mean, what does a 3 mean? It has gotten to the point that the whole system is a farce. I can understand how they want all their dealerships to get to the point where they are all 5s, but they seriously can't expect that their dealers are all at the "5" level right away, can they?

The e90 was a very new car, but I still knew more than my salesperson (who was very good). This is almost always the case when I shop for a car, so I have gotten used to it. But I still gave him a 5 on everything because this seems to be the norm rather than the exception these days. I really expect more from a "premium" brand such as BMW, but hey, I am pretty generous, and I got a great deal from the dealer, so I gave them all 5s. I guess I will privately discuss the dealer shortcomings directly with the dealership GM, and MAYBE I will get some resolution as the months go by.

Oh yeah, and the email you got was perhaps the most unprofessional thing that I have ever heard of in the world of sales. I think you should Carbon Copy that to BMWNA, the GM of the Dealership, and then to the local Better Business Bureau.
Appreciate 0