View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #132
The Dowager Countess
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i M sport.

i just ordered a manual 128i with no options at all other than the m package in white. the residual value makes this car stupid cheap as a lease- and i'm of the opionon that bmw's 6 is probably one of the best engines ever made and in this car it is at its most evolved state.

my dealer was shocked that anyone wouldn't want a sun roof, or heated seats or a color that cost more money etc. etc. hell, if i could i would have gotten roll up windows and no sound proofing and an a/c delete!

also, this is probably the last chance ever to get this engine in a new car that is also light and rwd. economics and fuel economy mean the next batch of entry level bmws will be front wheel drive and small strong turbo charged fours- there is a place for that- and i've owned plenty of turbo charged cars in the past- but for me my choice was to get what i really see as the last of the "real" bmws in the tradition of the 2002, the e30, the e36 etc.

i'm going to lease this thing- then probably buy it. i'm pretty convinced it's a perfect car for me. it'd also be intriguing to md the car with the sole purpose of making it lighter and faster- seems like it's a good platform for that.
Appreciate 0