diannem
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

BMW Branded Windshield Washer Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by i128 View Post
There are a variety of different brands on the market, some with teflon, others with detergents, some with de-icers, what do you use? do you even have a preference? Or don't give a shit and use whatever is on sale?

Also does anyone know what BMW dealers use? It appears to be a clear and have no color, i"ve noticed that it also has a very strong ammonia( alcohol scent). Any ideas?

Hello...I know this post is pretty old but thought I'd chime in because I researched replacement windshield wiper fluid for my own 128i Convertible. Yes, BMW sells their branded version of windshield washer fluid for $3.98. Yes, you do need to premix it, as theirs is a concentrate. For California specifications in my area, you mix 4 oz. to 1-gallon of water. Voila! AND if you do the math, it's only a whopping .99 cents per serving. I'll get 4 refills in one bottle. It's cheaper than the store bought stuff. The bottle is 16.9 oz and is available at your local BMW dealer -- mine is Shelly BMW of Buena Park. I'd much rather use BMW OEM products whenever available over the stuff at your local parts store. Cheers and hope this helps!

Last edited by diannem; 02-16-2013 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: Cheaper than the store bought stuff.
Appreciate 0