View Single Post
      08-31-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

You don't actually need an aftermarket oil cooler unless you seriously track you car. Your oil needs to be hot to burn off the contaminants.

AD Engineering thermostat change is all you need. I have gone back to a standard oil cooler for my big single turbo in conjunction with the AD.

IMHO you are better off putting the money towards a seriously big intercooler like the JDT setup that Martymil and I have. If further cooling is needed, try a larger radiator etc. before oil cooling.

If you must have an oil cooler because you just want one (I get that) I have run the twin Advan set-up on my 425rwkw car and oil temps were too cool even with an external thermostat for everyday use. This is for the track enthusiast and does an awsome job..twin Setrabs in two different sizes (I had the slightly smaller option). They will do a single version as well, apparently. For everyday there is little engine temp at all in winter and short runs.

I have also had the Dinan which is the best fit for 135 and retaining part of the standard ducting. It even looks OEM and drops the oil temps to pretty much spot on with no thermostat change. Might be expensive but great fit and factory like finish. Wish I hadn't sold mine. Anything else will have you cutting or throwing out ducting, which I have done and replacing with new.

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS

Last edited by 135i2; 09-07-2017 at 03:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
drjekl34.50