View Single Post
      10-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #39
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Your stance is jaded. I have not counterdicted myself and the many youthful and afluent, don't drive sedans. They drive sport cars, coupes..!

Do you see a Mustang in sedan form?, Ferrari?, Corvette, Porsche (yes, I know), etc? They are American icons that convey masculinity and youthful outlook!

Why does BMW always illustrate the Coupe as more prestigous, and youthful car over the sedan? You don't see a family of 4 going to the beach, with a few blankets and a beachball in the trunk of an e92 on their broshures, do you..?

That is mirrored in every catalouge from every manufactureer, because it's true!

BMW's sedans are less expensive, aswell!

My perception, of the driver of sedan's -VS- 2 door coupe's is not mine exclusively...!

If you opt to choose a sportier car over a utilitarian minivan, suv, wagon, jeep, etc. For your family needs, then you are sacrificing for a greater good. But why would anyone do that, if they arn't married, have kids or recently devourced..?

:iono: ..? Why would you own a sedan?
The Looks?
The Gas mileage?
Easier to clean you car?
More road noise?
More weight?

Most likely because it was cheaper and you have kids. How else can you logically justifie owning a sedan..?

<edit> Removed the error...

Now granted, I have a kid, and I have a 4 dr, and a 2 dr...either way I can take my kid whereever I go...

But even before I had a kid I had 4 door cars...

Personnaly, I like sedans...I also like coupes...I'm not embarassed to drive a sedan just because I'm alone i nthe car...that's stupid.

Now you talk of youth and how "manly" men want coupes...well what about all the 16-30 year old kids that lust for the power of an STI or Evo...both if which have 4 doors...are you saying they aren't "sporty" enough for all the YOUNGER, and mostly MEN that buy them???

And if 4 doors are soooo bad, why didn't you get a 2 door jeep, or something instead of the "girly" Escape?:iono:
Appreciate 0