02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999

I disagree- the steering in the 1M is MUCH lighter than the 335 (sans AS). I had a 335 loaner and the steering was brutal at parking lot speeds. The 1M is perfect - the 335is with AS is probably a bit overboosted but less of a drastic change when going from my X6 to the 335 (I don't really notice when switching from the X6 to the 1M)

I agree - that the 335is depreciates badly and I should consider a used one...

All - note I have an X6 as a daily driver. Make no mistake, it is an incredible truck, but it is a truck and not a car. Best darn driving truck out there, but still a truck.

Honestly, I probably have withdrawal - have not driven the 1M in 3 months and February is just depressing here in Chicago.

And yes, I can't explain how trading a $60K car for $60K car makes it OK to drive in bad weather. Like I said, I'm a ninny
Aha! I'm glad I made it. I was dying wondering what you drive daily since your 1M only made it out for 1200 miles last year. So You have a street car. A very nice street car. If the 1M was your only car and you were using mass transit then I would say that selling the 1M and maybe doing euro delivery on a new car that you could get more out of would be good. However , it sounds like you have the right car, you appreciate it, you ADORE it, and you can keep it garaged and clean and love it like it should be loved. What you need to do, is sign up for a drivers school, or perhaps a tour, and find more reasons to drive it ... Has if been to road America???
Appreciate 0