02-14-2014, 01:52 PM   #14
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
Huh? I googled that and I see info about the manual transmission clutch....

Test drove a E46 330CI and a E90 325i and it makes me appreciate the steering in the 135i even more, definitely much better than the older models, although the cars were much older, so not sure how much was wear and tear on the steering components.
Apologies. Responded too quickly thinking this thread was was about the sloppy shifts.

One thing that addressed the floating sensation coming from the rear of my 135i is the replacement of the stock subframe bushings. These are so soft that you can squeeze them in you hands. Try this when you are ever under your car - the subframe can be moved with a light force from a large screwdriver or crowbar.

Easy and cheapest way to address this is with buhings inserts that will fill the voids in your stock bushings.

Best way is replacement with M3 bushings, but the rear subframe has to be loosened, and driver side brake lines detached.

The stock front control arms can be replaced with the M3 ones as well, which have sturdier bushings, and provide about -0.7* of negative camber. Both of these features help with turn in and steering preciseness.

Did this to my 135i which I take to track, and it helped a lot. Big positive impact to car behavior on the street as well...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 02-14-2014 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0