View Single Post
      07-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #95
coopaw
Rep
Drives: 2011 328x1 & 2013 135i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
At first I just replaced my RFT's with non RFT Michelin PS3's. The car handled fine. There is a little bit less initial turn in response - like I posted. And after a few months.... yea... the rear axle felt like it was held in by rubber bands. This was really more noticeable bc of my SW stage II tune than bc of the tires. So I also upgraded to the M3/1M rear subframe bushings(RSB). I am happy with the way the car handles. Although next on my List of to-do's are new shocks and springs. Its really a deep rabbit hole. One thing(mod) turns into some other mod.

Really... getting rid of RFT's was the best thing I could do, for an improving the driving characteristics of the car. The tires felt like they were made out of rubber as opposed to the hard as rocks(and heavy as them!) stock RFT's. RFT's felt/drove like square blocks instead of rubber tires. You can really notice the difference even on low speed small bumps.
+1, I just did the same and best money I ever spent. Now I've got some almost new RFT to throw up on the classified section.
Appreciate 1