View Single Post
      08-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #19
bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
The Dealer has contacted me and told me that they will fix my car at their body shop and that is it, take it or leave it basically. I visited their body shop yesterday. They had just painted the rear door and rear fender on a brand new Alpine White 5 series. Granted, the car had not been detailed, there were fisheyes and dust marks in the paint, did not give me that lovin' feeling.

I drove by the Honda dealership yesterday and Honda seems to have the sense to apply a protective film to their 15K cars for shipping.

As far as not blaming the brand, if that works for you great!

Thing is, I bought a new car and it was damaged during shipping. Then subsequently damaged further during repair. Looking at things from a strictly monetary point of view, the car is no longer worth what it was. I am not a bankster, the 4 - 6K hit I am taking is what I think is unfair.

I don't think I am being unreasonable when I say that BMW any way you slice it is culpable for not taking the same precautions that every other car maker seems to see as a good idea when shipping cars. Then the dealer is being a bit of a douche to say, that is too bad for you, we'll fix it to our standards (which are average at best).

I have been in contact with BMW Canada, they are saying that they will take 5 days to investigate, then let me know what they want to do. Hopefully they have some good ideas.

Thanks for your suggestion Blotto649, I think your suggestion sounds like the best idea.

I just want to have my car fixed.
Appreciate 0