10-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
what op is experiencing is simply his car being able to outperform what he can personally handle & feel comfortable with.

With training he'll get better & more comfortable with the new limits. Everyone has a limit, and when your skills far exceeds a car's handling limit you can have a shit load of fun in it (think go-kart, etc).
Unless I'm missing some subtlety in your post,... you're wrong.

OP does not have a skill deficiency. In fact I would argue his skills exceed the average bears. Substantially. Imagine building, and driving w/out wrecking at any speed a '60's 911 w/ what 400hp.

The OP is expressing the fact that he has fun while sliding around. The key difference I'd imagine is that when you first feel your car's back end stepping out you panic and hit the brakes, or suddenly let off the gas. Then, if you are not snuggled up next to a guardrail, change your underwear.

Where as the OP would instead keep a steady throttle, add a little opposite lock and manage the slide. Then when done, try to wipe the stupid grin off is face, turn down the music and remind himself he's on a public roads. And, that its a good thing he is driving around having the fun at overall lowers speeds on his cold R-comps than if he were to have just had the same fun while riding on his PSS's.
Appreciate 0