View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #28
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Hey sorry for the lack of updates!

I'm almost not rubbing at all now. I did some pretty heavy pulling, but it doesn't look bad at all and I got the few mm of clearance i really needed. It doesn't rub at all now except when I have a passenger, a full gas tank, and I'm going pretty damn fast.

It's way easier to pull the fenders in the sun. Even with the heat gun, if it's cold and shaded the paint cools pretty fast, but with a black car and the sun out, you almost don't even need the heat gun! The guy that rolled my fenders did so without a heat gun on a sunny 88 degree day and that was enough to keep the paint malleable, but I'm not that brave. The pulling is barely noticeable unless you're up close and know what to look for, so I think it's the way to go as long as you're careful!

It seems like you got a bit of work left to do, but I'm at a point where I'm finally happy with how everything is. I feel comfortable actually driving now, and don't feel like I have to baby the car just to keep from hitting anything. I'll take some pictures of how the gap and everything looks when I get a chance.

It really IS a pain, man. Seriously. I hope you get everything sorted out with your car as well, though! I think the PSS are totally worth it once everything finally fits right!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0