11-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Please let us know how you get on with the factory settings on the PSS. I'll be swapping soon to PSS all round and would like to hear feedback from people who have tested different settings
So, today I just experimented with factory recommendation pressures, 34 front 32 rear when cold (2.3 / 2.2 bar) after passing quite a time with 36 fr/34re and was satisfied. I can tell that there is a difference; I made sure tires were cold before I checked and changed pressures and chose my most memorized/routine fast road nearby. In the city and when slow, especially on less than perfect surface factory setting gives more supple ride, it is noticeable and impressive when you compare it to PS2 levels of comfort. However, when you reach the highway quality and fast road things change to opposite; even after the car and tires were warm enough I felt that the steering response was too light for my liking at those speeds and lane changes. I also tried a regular big braking (a certain exit where you arrive fast-over 200 km/h- and then need to slow down to 60 or so quickly. Brakes always give a hint of complaint there but this time I felt like tires were responding unevenly and did not bite enough for a split second, nothing too dramatic or dangerous, I was careful and watching but the difference was there.

Since I drive most of the time in "slow" conditions I will keep the factory pressures for some time. You guys can make your own decisions depending on your style and conditions, but I recommend for anyone who will start with a brand new SS set, start with factory pressures and play around after the break-in period (approx. 500 km or 300 miles).
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0