View Single Post
      02-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisthetes View Post
Great feedback, Chris. I'm shocked about the stock hollow bushing. Your comment about the rear end not feeling part of the same car is spot on! Glad this remedied it.

About how many hours of labor does this add up to?

Looking forward to seeing it at the SD auto-x this month.

-Doug
Since this is the second time I dropped the subframe, it was a little easier. I got the subframe dropped on the jack in about 1 hour. The bushing removal and installation is slow and tedious. I quit about 1/2 way through the first bushing to make a trip to get a ratcheting 3/4" open end (largest I had was just too small) and a new can of silicon lube, since mine ran out as I started. That helped a lot to keep things going. Did I mention getting the bushings out was slow and tediuos? So end the end, I think I spent 7-8 hours total, including bleeding the brakes and swapping out the sway bar to get the stock one back in (not hard once the subframe is down anyway). If I had someone to help, it would have gone faster, but probably not a ton unless you had two bushing tools.