View Single Post
      01-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #51
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Resurrecting an old thread. Just did my brakes, replacing stock pads with PosiQuiet. Very good to have this thread, many thanks to all who have contributed. A few notes while this is fresh in my mind:

[*] Detach the front calipers at the rear (two bolts), where the bracket affixes to the strut, and not at the top at the hex bolts. I replaced the bolts.

[*] Loosen only one of the front caliper guide bolts about half-way to get the front pads out.

[*] Wear a mask or run the car through a vigorous car wash before replacing stock pads. I came inside to clean up and blew my nose and all kinds of black gunk came out. Clear my throat and spit that out, also black. Eee gad, my lungs didn't need this (I should have known better).

[*] My stock (very recently replaced by my selling dealer to CPO the car) rear pads included a shim (in addition to the pad backing plate), the front did not. I used those shims with the new pads too, not sure what they accomplish.

[*] Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey :O/

[*] Esco 10498, best jack stands I've ever owned. Hold the corner of the car with one, rest the front caliper on the other.

[*] Total time, about three hours

Last edited by mr.fabulous; 01-10-2015 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 0