View Single Post
      05-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Yes2m3cs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS 2016 M4

Berk Axleback Exhaust review

Well I finally got my berk exhaust bolted on last night and I am quiet no longer! As some of the others said, the installation was literally a breeze. I listened to all the other reviews and picked up some rhino ramps and WD-40 to loosen everything up.

Installation - I would say 30 minutes max. It was very easy from start to finish.

Sound - I think Feyd summed it up on his initial impression, It sounds pretty sick! I have swapped out mufflers before on many of my mustangs over the years and it never seemed to be enough in the sound area. Well i can say for sure, this exhaust delivers a deep bass sort of tone that isnt obnoxious. It is very hard to explain but I would think it sounds like another muffler type axleback with non catted downpipes. It is LOUD on cold startup in my garage!!! but after about 60 seconds it calms down nicely.

Value - For $499 I think it is a very good deal. I love the chrome tips and the fact that I just shaved 25 pounds of weight off my car. The exhaust itself came wrapped to the max and the welds and coating seemed to be pretty good quality.

Performance - Its hard to verify this part but the gas pedal seems lighter for some reason . It has been a literal oven as of late in Florida so the turbo cars tend to suffer a bit this time of year. The car screams to redline and is music to my ears regardless of the weather with this exhaust.

Overall - I would give this exhaust at least a 9 out of 10 I am sure some of the other muffler type axleback exhaust systems sound sweet but I just didnt feel like spending 1k plus on a exhaust at this time.

Great Job Berk Technology!! I am a happy customer and thanks for the good service from Vivid Racing! (Dan)

I hope this helps.

Brian
Appreciate 0