View Single Post
      12-19-2007, 04:16 PM   #21
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

i think the point of the weight issue is if a manufacturer is going to make a 335 and a 135 you better differentiate. 200 pounds and a couple inches in length doesnt quite differentiate for me. i personally wish they had kept the 335 marketing to people who want luxury, compliant ride, minimal road noise, heavy/secure sounding doors, bmw overhype, sat, navi, auto, adults in the back, etc and not tried to keep so much of that in the 1 series. like, oh i dont know, really actually return to 3 series/2002 roots *cough* like they said *cough* and made a couple sacrifices that would have yielded a significantly lower weight.

thusly my gaze turns to the tii

bottom line, every time the weight issue does get brought up again, this is pretty much what ends it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Enough with the weight already. It's not as light as we would have hoped, true. However, 3373lbs. for a 135i, 3395lbs for an '08 STI, and 3585lbs for an Evo X, the 1 doesn't look quite so hefty to me.
name any car with similar performance, good handling and lower weight. miata, mini.. sorry but i'm with izzodesh. not for me.
Appreciate 0