05-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #120
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurg09 View Post
Hey Thanks For the info ! some questions for you
How easy was it to install the TPLSM3's enclosure?
10w6 with 500/1 amp , How is the bass?
I just installed 2 RF prime 300W RMS and 500w mono amp and to be honest it sounds ok nothing great. Bass is too boomy.

And again THANKS!!
The install of the enclosure is very easy. You will need to remove the driver side trunk liner. This is very simple. Remove the trunk floor, remove the black plastic trim that covers the back of the trunk (2 screws and 2 plastic pop rivets), pull off the trunk gasket on the driver side, and remove 3 plastic pop rivets that hold the driver side trunk liner to the car. Once this is done, you can remove the trunk liner. The enclosure is molded to fit perfectly against the trunk liner. TPSLM3 drilled 3 small hole in the enclosure and provided 3 small bolts that you use to fasten the enclosure to the trunk liner. After the liner and enclosure are attached to one another, install the speaker (and don't forget to run the speaker wire out of the back of the enclosure). The hole for the 10w6 was pre-cut, and the enclosure has a 1" think high density particle board mounting ring. Once the speaker is installed, reinstall the liner and enclosure by reversing the process above.

As for the sound... The 10w6 and 500/1 can be a bit of an overkill if run with the stock system. I had to turn the gain down and play with the crossover point and attenuation on the amp. If I remember correctly, I had it set to 80 Hz and 12db of attenuation. With this setting, the sound was much more full and gave the impression of being much louder. If it seems boomy, set the attenuation to 24db and play with the crossover point. The speaker is very capable of hitting all but the lowest bass. I have since replaced the remaining speakers and have added an MS-8 digital processor in an attempt to perfect the sound. The good thing about the 10w6 and 500/1 setup is that it will significantly improve the sound, but has plenty of excess capacity if you feel the need to go further.
Appreciate 0