View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
magiik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 E82 135i, '21 G01 X3 M40i

Update2:

Took it to an auto shop to get some help - I knew I wouldn't have the tools I would need to drill it out if it came to it.

Mechanic used an borescope/endoscope camera to look at the back ( the T-head bolt or Hook bolt ). He noticed it looked like it had an allen key hole for it. Tried a few allen keys and found one that fit. Had to torque it like crazy, but he got one off. Tried it on the 2nd one, it wouldn't budge. He got a break bar and tried again - it rounded the allen key on the back :'(. Tried to drill it - the bolt is too hard, he broke a bit. I had to leave to get back to work, but I left my car there - he said he was gonna try to use a "torch" - it's a high speed drill with a carbide bit that should be able to just melt through it.

But BEWARE E82 135i owners - looking at this regulator shuttle connection from the T20 torx side - IT IS REVERSE THREADED. But looking from the T-head/Hook bolt side it's normally threaded. The T20 torx key IS PART OF THE BOLT - you are just looking at it from the tip of bolt. The T20 torx key is also smaller than the allen key - so you might have better luck doing this from the side you can't see. Or possibly use both the allen key and the T20 torx at the same time?

So again I'd like to re-iterate since I have found absolutely no material regarding my vehicle and repairing the window regulator. If you use the T20 torx side to disconnect the regulator shuttle - IT IS REVERSE THREADED. If you use the allen key on the T-head/Hook bolt, IT IS NORMALLY THREADED.

I wish I had known this earlier - I may have accidentally tightened the last remaining connection on mine - causing me to have to drill it out...
Appreciate 0