View Single Post
      05-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #30
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Thanks a lot, very good feedback as usual.

Very much like the new Dunlops, PZero Trofeo R may be just too much for me as I don't seem to have chances of taking the car to a track plus I heard that they are not easy to get anywhere, for international buyers tire rack doesn't even list them for instance. I don't know (didn't check) if they have direct fit sizes for our stock wheels too.

On the other hand, Corsas have two advantages: reported acceptable street manners with great grip, second only to tires like Trofeos, this is first advantage; second is the perfect size they are available for the 1M; 255/35 and 285/30. Both PSS and RE-11 do not offer those sizes. I am not talking about the price here!

So for anyone who share my concerns about tires, good choices look like:
a) stick with stock sizes, either in PSS or RE-11; track frequency should determine which one is a better bet (almost all street then go PSS, some or frequent track then better go with RE-11)
b) go oversize: PSS with 275/30 fr and 295/30 re may be a direct fit or other adventures.
c) go perfect size like the M3 GTS: for now there is Corsas, in 255/35 and 285/30 size and for a price.
d) buy 18 inch wheels and start thinking all over again.

Lots of other tires available, yes, but as far as I know they are not offering the same level of compromises like the above, lacking in something important, either a good size or road manners or the level of wet/dry compromise.

Price is out of my consideration for the moment, since I am just thinking and not yet buying.
I ended up going with AD08s on staggered 18"s over the RE-11s. They're still being broken in so we'll see how it goes next month. Other compelling choices are the upcoming AD08R, RE-11A, Rivals, and Z2s...
Appreciate 0