View Single Post
      04-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #127
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Hi Gang,

Here are just a few more pics to show you all whats needed in this DIY CDV delete.

My Motive pressure bleeder (I have used this thing alot!) is very easy to use.

Pressure bleeder hooked up to brake resivior.

Be sure NOT to exceed 10 psi when using a pressure blleder. On older cars you can actually blow off the resivior from where it "plugs into" the master cylinder! Ask me how I know this!! :P

These are some tools you simple must have to do this job! You will need some thin shank jewelers screw drivers. The mini one had a shaft shank of only 1.5mm. You need something thin to puch the clips up and out enough to use a regular small flat blade to work the clip the rest of the way out. You will need an 11mm 12point box wrench too. IF you can find a half moon one, that will help too.

The CDV we are trying to get rid of! Also note as the OP said, you can just unplug the CDV and plug in the black hose into the left side coupler. You really do not need to buy a new CDV plastic housing. But... I like my car to "look" stock to the dealer's eyes.

The CDV up close...

Ok, thats it! This mod isn't hard... its just tedious bc your working on your back and all.

Good Luck,
David
Appreciate 0