United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
1) the re11 is much more square and wider than the pss on the same wheel. It's about .75 inches difference.

2) the pss is heavier, but that is because it has a stiffer more robust sidewall and construction. All extreme performance tires with similar characteristics are heavier than softer tires like pss. The trade off is easily worth it. You won't notice the heavier weight, but you will notice the cornering and grip

3) the re11 are like 100 more dollars than pss, negligible IMO

4) the tread wear is similar, not too different . Can't compare tread wear ratings from different manufacturers

5) the re11 feel better and more stable. They also handle better and grip like a boss.

It's up to you, really. But if you really want to add grip, this is the way to go. I'm glad I did and wont go back to pss
Good info . . . one of my concerns was that the spec sheets on tire rack suggest that the tread width is narrower on the RE-11 compared to PS2 and PSS. I have used bridgestones on other cars in the past (pole positions) and they were definitely wide for the size. Who knows what they measure on those specs.

The stock size PS2's already look stretched so I was afraid that the RE-11's would look worse. Can you post a pic of your setup? I know, I am vain.
Appreciate 0