View Single Post
      09-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #254
macleod135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradford View Post
"Track" pads simply remain effective at a higher temperature than the OEM ones. However, this means that they have the ability to put lots more heat into the calipers (and rotors, which are your glass ceiling at this point). There's a really easy way to save the OEM calipers: take it easy on the brakes. Of course, easier said than done...

Realistically though, if you're running in a novice or intermediate run group it's highly unlikely that you can even attain the speeds required to nuke the OEM ceramic piston pucks and bake the caliper finish. I wouldn't sweat it unless you're *REALLY* hammering them.
I am in the novice group and I would have a agreed, but I had serious brake fade last track session and it took about two slow laps with little to no braking to get them back. That made me think that I had gotten them really hot. I am pretty sure it wasn't the fluid because I had flushed them the week before with ATE Typ 200.

Anyways, thanks for all of the help guys. I really appreciate the advice and I will look into getting some track pads for my next event.
Appreciate 0