View Single Post
      11-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #66
brracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 135i, Mini Cooper S -

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
Do you have factual data to support your claim about the stock intake tubes being the choke point? Do you know exactly what the overall surface area calculation is of the factory intake to see what the VE limit is? If you read our previous post you'll see where the information you are giving to other members is incorrect.

Also, what yourself and many other memebrs don't understand is the labor time to replace all those intake pipes that you feel are the choke point. It's easy to make a statement saying that you should replace the intake tubes from the turbos to the airbox, when many people have never seen what it actually takes to do so. No one in their right mind is going to pay the ridiculous amount of time it would take to R&R these intake tubes, especially when you will not see any power gains even with our upgraded turbos. We have proven this already with our upgraded turbo 135i.

Lastly, the air temp increase with the BMS and Injen intake is quite a bit more than you think it is. In case you're not familiar with BMW's adaptive ignition timing advance, it is directly relative to intake temperatures. Also, from a tuning perspective, each degree of intake timing advance produces more of a hp inrease than each lb of boost. Now if your intake air temperature is increased how do you think that will affect the ignition timing advance?

AND class dismissed, Abid will be here all week to help go over your homework in terms of physics and thermodynamics.

But seriously, I cant believe that someone truly posted the AFE intake, I mean common did you even look at that closely while you were at SEMA. I am not here to bash another company but I would think that the reason that companies come out with products is to prove to be better than others. I think that if ASR did not have the backing of information that they do that they would not have started defending the product nor allowed us to market the product.

Common guys give him some time to help us realize the true gains here.
Just my $.02
Appreciate 0