View Single Post
      02-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #14
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Yep I should have caught it and I have done the same thing on that corner before. This time though I turned in just a fraction too early and my entry speed being about 2mph faster than normal caused a little more wheel spin than I anticipated. I tried to stay consistent with the throttle so I could power out of the turn, but it sounded like I let off just a hair which just magnified the back coming out. Well all of that and thinking about all of the other cars I've seen hit that wall I may have just quit on the turn. I remember thinking to myself whatever you do DON'T HIT THE WALL!

The funny thing is I went home and treated her to a bath, cleaned the inside out so my wife wouldn't get freaked out, and went about my business. Two days later my wife and I went to dinner and I turned on the defroster and out shot grass from every vent. Busted! She was like what the hell was that?
What a stud!! I wasn't going to comment because giving advice on driving over the internet seems so entitled to me, but that lift is what really killed you. You got up on the curb a little bit, I'm not sure if more than usual, but you also said you were going a little faster which could amplify it's effects. Sometimes you can read that curb and be ready for it unsettling the car. Sorry, I just got so excited when you corrected others pointed out your own mistake!!

Edit: I just rewatched the video, just a little tidbit on going over a curb at high speeds like that, if you actually straighten the wheel very quickly and very smoothly for the split second you hit the curb, it won't unsettle the car like that. And BTW great story with the wife!!
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0