bmw233
Aussie Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprey View Post
Greetings everyone!

It's coming up nearly 2 weeks to the day I picked up my joy, thought I provide a quick update for those interested.

Having completed a mere 461kms, I am happy to report all is going well, exceedingly well in fact. Some of you may have seen a separate post by me as to a mysterious cable I found under the rear bench - but it would seem it was pretty benign. That's about it.

I thought I provide my Top 3 surprise likes and dislikes (too strong a term). Let's call it 'areas of opportunity' then.

Surprise Likes:

#1: Ride/Handling compromise despite RFT's reputation
#2: New iDrive and voice commands
#3: Steptronic

Areas of opportunity:

#1: Fuel tank size and distance-to-empty range
#2: Glare on gauges in noontime sun (curiously iDrive screen is fine)
#3: Electric folding door mirrors (option) don't fold automatically on exiting and door-locking the car.

By the way, I can live with all of the above and the 'Likes' list was seriously culled for the purposes of Top 3. A notable note which I will throw in here is how if you double press the unlock on the fob, windows open about 3/4 of the way down as soon as you pull the door handle to assist with missing your head as you sit into the car and then automatically winds back up when you shut the door. And this works for both the drivers and passenger windows. Good for big heads

Here are some new pictures, this time in the sun.

Where did you take those great pics?
Appreciate 0