View Single Post
      04-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #38
WeißerPfeil
LausBub
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08-335i-Coupe

Hi everyone,
My name is Soheil. I am living in MD/D.C. area. I have been following this forum since the beginning, but this is my first posting! Right now I am driving a 02-330i-step. I just wanted to let you guys know that last night I test drove 2 E90 330i –manual & automatic (Silver/SP- back to back, and of course alone. My good friend @ VOB (Rockville-MD) Tony Jazdy is always helpful in this respect. I didn’t want to take pics, because we all have seen them. Seeing the car on pics, I did HATE the back end design, but seeing it life, I now just do NOT like it!! The car IS really more impressive, wide, some how aggressive and BMW-like in person. I was positively surprised last night. The silver one w/ SP looks very nice. (I’d like to see the Alpine White in person) The interior looks more specious, quiet, simple and some how better built than E46. (I think with my 5’3” height even mini feels specious!) Just after 5 years of driving automatic in the US, I don’t know why I did not like the manual! (Please don’t hate me! – I used to drive in 12 million population city (Tehran) w/ manual) On the other hand I was impressed w/ 6-speed step. It looked to me to be more responsive in low rpm and w/ more hp it was really different than my 02-step, more fun to drive!? I didn’t like the “tool box” new location! The trunk seemed to me not much bigger than E46’s. The door gates are designed wider. Some one wrote before that the new car still feels like a BMW and that is true. The steering is very responsive and the wheel is really nicer and feels much better. I think it is even smaller (diameter-wise) now. The ride on SP wasn’t that smooth although it looked great. (Again I don’t have sp on my 02) It is noticeably faster than E46 and the seat holds you really nicely, comfortably and tight.
You know all about the blinker (indicators) function. I found a switch on the top, in the glove box, which locks & unlocks the truck!? The Xenon lights are as always a delight and much impressive now. I personally like the car and BMW did a good job (despite the back end and dash design). You can see the improvement right away and E90 really makes the E46 looks old! I am waiting for the coupe and I hope that BMW revise/improve the back end design. Sorry for bad English! Good day!
Appreciate 0