View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #22
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Wow... after picking up my ford I haven't been on the bmw forums that much. . Well ill just throw I n my 2cents on what I found...this doesn't mean what im about to state is 100% accurate or is the same conclusion that other people may come to...lets be honest no 2 cars are the exact same or have the same issues... meaning alot of people I spoke with in regards to the 135i have had the exact same issues but 2 of the things I kept running into is the 135i going into was limp mode having to do with oil cooling Issues...as you read in others responses on this thread some have never had this issue and may never...and I hope they never do..nothing worse is seeing another driver or enthusiast end his day early because of mechanical issues... but alot of shops and local 135 guys I spoke to did have that issue...obviously purchasing oil coolers might just fix it but the other issue or discouraging issue for me was the limitations on tire size and having to deal with understeer. ... now there are 2 ways I could have got around that was to buy a 1m conversion kit but at that point why waste the money and instead just purchase a 335i as the fenders wells on the 335 are much larger to accommodate larger tires but to be honest I dont like the looks of the 335... and then of course alot will say they run quick times with the oem 135 fenders and other's will say any car depending on how its driven could have understeer.. so with that said I just decided to go with a different platform. .
Appreciate 0