08-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #14
COBMW144
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 xDrive Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp3003 View Post
+1. Just sold an S2000 2 weeks ago, picked up my 135 vert 2 days ago and couldn't agree more on the comparison (and my SO has a CRV). I'll add a few details: The back seat on the 135 was a deciding factor...my 2 yr old daughter and wife both fit well and my daughter loves convertible motoring. The things I miss about the S2000: the shifter and seats are better IMO, and the motor, light weight and chassis make for a more visceral drying experience. The much better finish, added space, comfort, rear seat, sound system, torque and overall quality of the 135 make up for the stuff I miss about the S2000.
I drove one 2 days ago for the first time and it was great. Feeling that torque kick in something I haven't felt in a long time and it was also my first time in the drivers seats of a turbo charged vehicle. Even though it was a short test drive, I had the salesmen grabbing onto the door handles at times. The only thing I noticed that would be a very minor problem is it appears the previous owner had a amp and subs hooked up in the trunk at one point. There was a little on/off switch mounted to the right of the steering wheel and a hole drilled just forward of where the ebrake sits (Maybe for gain control?). These are things I could have looked past. The price was reasonable at 27k and I could easily see the benefits of this cars making up for the things lost if I traded my S2000 such as having more space, torque, luxury and so on.

BUT from the get go the salesman was a real prick, for lack of better terms. I asked to drive it after going through it myself before he showed up. The first words out of his mouth were, what are you going to trade in. As if that wasn't enough, he couldn't figure out how to start it he had no idea where the FOB went and kept pushing the start button hoping it would magically start. Thankfully my research allowed me to show him how to start it. Then he tried pushing out the mirrors by hand since they were folded in... once again I showed him how they fold out by a push of a button. Next we went for a drive, where he insisted he will not move on the window price at all, then once we were back he told me he doesn't want to waste his time, basically saying take it or leave it. He never even looked at my license before the test drive, so I am assuming he thought I was just there for a joy ride simply because I look much younger than I am (I am 27). So I hope the next salesmen I encounter is a little more respectful.

Sooo basically my search continues, I would love to have a white one, this one was graphite but still caught my eye. A 27k price range is reasonable to me and now that I have a feel for the car I am set on upgrading soon!
Appreciate 0