View Single Post
      10-08-2014, 07:41 AM   #934
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

I never created a build thread of my 1M, so I hope you don't mind me posting in here. It's not a 1M but I recently added this to the garage.
2014 Boxster S, PDK, Sports Chrono +, 20" wheels, sports exhaust along with some other options.
The 1M is still here to stay, but I do love driving this thing. They're very different cars, besides the obvious 2 seater convertible vs 4 seat coupe, the following is my first impressions/comparisons between the two.
I love he sound of the 1M on cold start, the way the entire garage rumbles, even with a sports exhaust, the Boxster is a pussy cat in comparison/
The 1M has the better steering feel, I know the Boxster is electric and it's very good, but when I get back in the 1M it's just that noticeable difference. In isolation, you'd not notice it and you really wouldn't care.
Where the Porsche wins hands down is in traction, this thing just goes. It's rare that I see the traction light come on (unlike the 1M!). It makes the power so much more usable, they both brings smiles to my face, just in different ways.
For me the 1M just asks for trouble when I drive it, I can't help it. For some reason I feel like it just tempts you to be just a tad more aggressive. In comparison, in the Porsche I'm happy to just cruise. It's just that nice to drive and with the top down you don't care about the traffic around you, I'm happy to go at my own pace and enjoy the moment ... perhaps I'm getting old!
Looking forward to Phillip Island at the end of the month, I'm tempted to take both cars down, haven't really thought about the logistics but I'd love to see how they go back to back against the clock.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0