04-29-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
tarmacrapist
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2001 Mazda Protege LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops128i View Post
...no engine temperature reading,...

...but there are solutions to all of these problems, and despite them the 128i is a pleasure to drive.
ouch. no temp reading? Is there a solution for this? or is there a dash light that alerts the driver if the engine is cold (or hot)? I've never driven with runflats, but have heard negativity from more than one person. What's wrong with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
Hi James,

The only recommendation I would make is to get a 6MT. I heard they changed the springs or w/e for 2011 from progressive to linear (?), and also, they downgraded the base stereo system during a certain year (?).

Other than that, you'll love the car!
How's the stereo anyhow? And do you know the year when they downgraded the stereo? I have to say, sound quality is pretty important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirthernDancer View Post
I've had 4 BMWs and still have two. Just bought a 128 in USA. Prices and selection there much better. All 4 were bought in USA. My 128 has sport pkg, power seats, thats about all. Perfect 1 owner with documented maintenance history.
I have a son your age at CMR. Assume you know great Canadian rally driver who lives in SJsR also.
That's exactly what I want to get, and I emphasize on purchasing a car from an owner and not a post-leased vehicle for obvious reasons. The sport package is a must as well as the sunroof. But to be honest, I don't know any rally drivers from St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, apart from my olf Volks mechanic, Laflamme.

Thanks alot guys!
Appreciate 0