Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i OREO View Post
I tried filing a claim on base when someone hit my car and rolled but they denied it. They said that the only time it would be approved is if it was cause by a government vehicle.

On a much shittier note, my water pump just went out @68k. RIP water pump, you can take that damn thermostat with you too cause its getting replaced too. Code 2E82
More than just caused by a govt vehicle. The claimant must show a preponderance of evidence that the government is negligent or failed to act in a prudent manner to prevent the loss. In the case of a hit and run there is not enough available information to determine negligence by the government or anyone else for that matter.

If the damage had occurred close to a secure facility there may be a camera pointed in the area? I would expect the MPs to track that down because, a crime has been committed when the party responsible for the property loss departed the area. You can also determine if the MPs have done a thorough enough investigation?

If your VERY confident that the loss was caused by a military member or DOD employee in the performance of their duties you can ask your elected federal representative to ask the Garrison or unit responsible why an AR 15-6 investigation has not been initiated. The IG can also perform a simliar function.

Also read:
Title 10 U.S.C. Section 2733 and Army Regulation 27-20
http://www.dix.army.mil/LegalOffice/...mentDriver.pdf

Last edited by smellthebeans; 11-05-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0