View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
WhiteTgr135i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

135i brakes making scrapping noise, anybody else?

Bought my 135i brand new from Irvine BMW. It's a 2012 BMW 135i. I got my Brembo brake calipers painted yellow. A couple weeks ago, i noticed this scrapping sound on the front passenger side brake. I thought it would go away. I noticed it gradually getting louder, so a couple weeks ago, i took it a local BMW dealership to get it checked out.

They told me "it was a washer that was worn out", so they replaced it with a brand new one. When i left, they just washed my car, so i didn't open windows on the drive home. The next day, i notice the same scrapping sound. So i take it back and told them the sound is still present.

So a couple days went by, and they tell me, "its the front rotors and brake pads. The rotors are warped, so we are replacing the brake pads and rotors". Again, they washed my car, so i didn't roll my windows down on the way home.

Two night ago, as i was driving to the bank, i notice the same scrapping sound on my front brakes. So today, i take it in, this time, a bit furious, telling them how they keep saying "it's fixed, and the sound is no longer present", yet, every time i drive the next day, the sound is present.

They apologize and ask me if i can take a technician out for a test drive. All two times i have taken my car to get this scrapping sound checked out, this technician sits in the passenger seat to diagnose the problem. So today, when i took the technician (same technician as before) for a test drive to hear the sound, again, he just reply's with "Oh, its the front brakes, there is a problem probably. Sometimes, when we order brake pads from BMW, they give us a bad batch of pads, basically faulty brake pads, so that might be the case here".

When we get out of my car, he looks at my brakes then goes, "oh these are painted calipers huh"? It might be the paint on the Brembo calipers that might be messing with the brake pads. I'll have to check it out".

This is a little ridiculous, blaming yellow paint on my calipers? Well, all i can do now is play the waiting game and see if they fix it. Hopefully, third times a charm! My car only has 8,000 miles on it, so i am pretty peeved it's doing this since i bought the car new.

Curious, has anybody else dealt with this issue on there 135i? It's a scrapping sound, like the pads are touching the rotors when your driving.

-Tycho
Appreciate 0