View Single Post
      03-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
Fair
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

http://www.scca.com/documents/Fastra...strack-apr.pdf

That's the April FasTrack. Nothing about the 1 series in there for Stock classing, yet. We're waiting... but it does mention the BSP classing.

I think D Stock could be optimistic, maybe? The 135i compares well in stats to the E46 330, except that the 135i makes about 70 more hp. Seems odd to put them both in D Stock but there's not really a better class for the 135i, so maybe that will stick. Not like its gonna be able to use that additional power with NO LIMITED SLIP.

As for BSP, you can at least add flares to run wider wheels on these cars in that class, as well as adding a limited slip, ditching the stock exhaust and upping the boost. Could be a real screamer in BSP!

If the car wasn't so damned heavy... :iono:

It will be interesting to see a full tilt BSP effort in a 135... I wonder how much fat you could trim out? Will be able to get close to the E36 M3 LTW? Not a chance. But it might be "close enough" once the power seats, stock wheels, and heavy exhaust are replaced with proper racing bits. Might be a few years before anyone digs into a 135 that hard though...

This assumes, of course, that the SEB follows through with the March FasTrack proposal to move the AWD EVO and STi out of BSP...
Appreciate 0