02-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Mr Brown, your mud flaps look great! if you can, please let us know how effective they are.

+1for amazon. Just ordered some last week.. sick and tired of all the salt residue all over my car, even when it's not wet out! It's literally a salty dust storm out there some days. Did you get yours from BMW of Towson? That's where I bought mine from. How long did the shipping take (if that's where you ordered from)?
After a month of use and going through a lot of rain and back dirt roads, I can truly say the mud flaps are the best investment in terms of protecting your car's side body panels.

The car stays cleaner for a longer period of time after a wash as the dirt from the tires does not splash on to the sides of the car anymore and there is also protection from small rock chips being flung to the side of the car from the tires. I actually heard a tiny rock hit my left front mudflap cruising at 30 MPH. I wonder what kind of damage that would have done, if there was no mud flap to stop it.

I bought the flaps from United BMW of Roswell. I live close by and I got a special discount as I know someone who works there.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the investment and if you like the look of it, by all means I say go for it!