04-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #22
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooos View Post
wow... ya this is the 2nd time its come on and i scheduled for a service for next week.. even if the light goes off again it should still be saved somewhere in the computer right? I dont want them to be like there is no light were no covering anything.... As they did one time with me and my "Zed"
Probably too late to be of any use to you now but for future reference, Yes, if your light was on and then went out that will be stored in the computer for a while. When my long cranks started my SES light didn't come on for a while, but of course I knew what the problem was. I called the dealership to tell them and they said there was nothing they could do unless the SES light had come on.

Well a few days later my light came on, so I made an apointment, between when I made the appointment and the day I was supposed to take it in, it went out but it was not an issue since it had been stored.

Also of note, I had long cranks and a SES light but the car never drove out of character, nor did I ever go into limp mode.
Appreciate 0