06-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
i'm with skycat on this one.. you've probably ridden in the v1's, which are the ~<1k models (still better than 99% of stock setups),.. which are about on par with tein superstreet ($1500ish) FYI.. in fact, tein superstreets are total balls, would not put on lawnmower for the priceerformance.

the BR's are usually about $500 more, and the ER's another $500 on top of that.

ED: definitely interested in purchasing a set if you'd say they're comparable to kw and such
Hey flinchy,

I cannot comment on the tein coilovers you speak of, but from my personal experience I would rate the BC-Racing "BR Series" single adjustable coilovers on par with, or better than the KW V2's.

I have had both of the above mentioned coilovers installed in my 135i and even if you overlook the limited ride height adjustability of the KW's and the fact that they do not include top mount camber plates, IMHO the KW Version 2's do not have sufficient valving for proper track day use.

What's more the dampening range of the KW V2 overall, appears to be limited in comparison to the BC single adjustable units.

I recall comparing the difference from minimum dampening to maximum dampening with the Version 2's and the difference was not super significant. But with the BC's the range of dampening appears to be far more discernible, with full soft being compliant enough for street use, whilst admittedly full hard being too darn firm for Sydney roads, that rate of dampening is most welcome at the track.

I must confess that perhaps some will find the minimum dampening setting of the BC to be too firm for daily driving.

However I do not find that to be the case at all and my 135i is running on 19" 40 & 35 series tyres front and rear respectively. I have also completed a full M3 suspension conversion of my vehicle, save the lower camber links.

Obviously my findings are not based on the "ER Series" double adjustable units featured, but I am quite certain they will be superior in all aspects to the BR type coilovers currently installed in my car.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-25-2012 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0