Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland797 View Post
Thanks. Does anyone have DIY link or something, Im worthless with this stuff...

Regardless what method you use, you will need a complete copy of Windows 7 to install, which can be pricey. My biggest advice to you, and most important, prior to performing any install, is to back up your Mac.

For bootcamp, check out Apple's video tutorial page on their website: http://support.apple.com/videos/ or search for "How to's" on YouTube, there are some great videos out there that will help you. The process is pretty straight forward, and the screens on your Mac will guide you thru it. Your Mac will need to download and install additional files first, then you will insert the install disc and let it run.

As for Parallels (which I also have), their install screens will also guide you thru it. Its a really simple process, it just takes some time. I've never used VM Ware, but I would guess the process is similar.

Bootcamp is included with your Mac if its not that old. Parallels and VM Ware cost money. Bootcamp requires you to restart your Mac in order to access Windows. Parallels/VM Ware allows you to use Windows inside OS X, meaning you can use both operating systems at the same time. However, that means they will be using your computer's processing resources a lot, which could slow your computer a little bit. Bootcamp is less stressful for your computer, so its better if you'd like to run games on Windows. For simple tasks on Windows, Parallels/VM Ware would work great.

If the program you want to run works with Windows 8, and you know this for sure, then you can install Windows 8 Consumer Preview for free using Bootcamp and save a lot of money. Only small issue with that, the Consumer Preview (which is available on Mircosoft's website) will only work until January 2013.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0